Heavenly Friends Home Healthcare Services LLC. is a Virginia Certified Consumer Services Direction Facilitation Agency.
There are three waivers that include the option for Consumer Direction Services and Services Facilitation in Virginia:
- The Individual and Family Developmental Disabilities Support (IFDDS, or DD) Waiver;
- The Elderly or Disabled with Consumer Direction (EDCD) Waiver; and
- The Intellectual Disability (ID) Waiver.
It is important to note that there is one other Medicaid program that also offers consumer direction, even though it is not a waiver program‐‐the Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (or EPSDT) Program.
Personal care provides assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as dressing, bathing, eating, housekeeping, shopping, and assistance with self‐administration of medication. It may also be used to provide assistance with instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) such as meal preparation, shopping, housekeeping and laundry, in addition to providing support for an individual at work and other places in the community.
Consumer Direction personal care is available in all three waivers and in the EPSDT program.
In Virginia, not everyone is eligible to consumer direct services. Services may be furnished only to individuals:
- Who are eligible for Medicaid and enrolled in one of the three waivers or EPSDT;
- Who are able to establish an appropriate CD service plan; and
- Only when the individual’s health, safety, and welfare in the home environment would not be jeopardized.
Please note: Residents of Nursing Facilities, Institutions for Mental Disease, Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities, Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities, or hospitals cannot consumer direct.